Tuesday 5 August 2014

{Yoga and poems} The Lake Isle of Innisfree




 The Lake Isle of Innisfree



W.B.  Yeats


I  will  arise  and  go now,  and  go to   Innisfree.
And  small  cabin  build there,  of  clay  and  wattles made ,
Nine-bean rows  I  have there,  a  hive  for  the  honey- bee,
And I live alone  in  the  bee-loud  glade



And  I shall  have some peace there, for peace comes dropping  slow.
Dropping from the veils  of  the morning  to  where  cricket  sings.
There  midnight's   all  a glimmer,  and  noon  a  purple glow,
And  evening  full  of  the  linnet's wings.



I will  arise  and  go now, for always  night and  day.
I  hear  lake  water  lapping with low sounds  by the shore.
While  I  stand  on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I  hear it   in the deep  heart's core.